Dr. Mark Howard’s “The Missing Link” Study GroupLet’s take a deep dive into the spiritual teachings of Sydney Banks as he shares spiritually in the “Missing Link”—Please watch and listen to hear Dr. Howard’s hope for this study group:
Presented By Supermind
Hi Friends and Colleagues, Brett Chitty, Administrator of Supermind, here.
There’s a verse in Chapter One, of “The Missing Link”, by Sydney Banks:
I loved that, it was so hopeful to hear. But what I didn’t know was how I misunderstood the above verse – not once but twice!
When I first read that, I took it to mean, “I will have peace of mind if I can find the next thought.” It didn’t work. Later on, I had an insight. “I will have peace of mind if I can find the CURRENT thought, and the thought will disappear”. Not quite.
Today, I understand the verse as “I have peace of mind available right now if I see insightfully that my experience is coming from Thought in the moment.”
What amazed me, was the different levels of understanding I was going through, even though the verse hasn’t changed. I realised it was easy to misinterpret what Sydney Banks was pointing to in his seminal book. I knew that I wasn’t the only one.
I approached Dr. Mark Howard, knowing he has read “The Missing Link” countless times, as well as having such an extraordinary knowledge of the Principles and the simplicity in sharing the understanding. I asked if he would lead a year-long study group into The Missing Link, meeting up on a monthly basis, to eliminate the misunderstandings that we don’t realise we have, and to assist us in remaining oriented towards Truth that Sydney Banks was attempting to convey.
I know that Mark would make a fantastic leader and guide in this unique project. Today, Supermind is privileged and honored to have Dr. Mark Howard accepting the role.
Potential Outcomes of this Study Group:
- A stronger and deeper understanding of the Three Principles
- An understanding of the hope that the spiritual experience of Sydney Banks gives to all of us.
- Get insights into the Spiritual Nature of how Human Beings function
- Experience Peace of Mind, Love, and Understanding
- A glimpse of the deeper essence of who we truly are
- Seeing and understanding the nature of life across the board – work, relationships, and life itself
- Stronger knowing of returning to the feeling of ‘being home’ when we get lostAbout the Study Group:The study group will meet monthly for 12 months beginning in January 2016. Each monthly class will focus on one chapter. It is a deep dive into each chapter of the Missing Link.
This is an educational group, not life coaching or mental health counseling.
- Live online monthly meetups using Zoom
- Unlimited access to all monthly replays by streaming
- Downloadable Audio MP3s from every meetup
- Private Forum, for participants to share their insights in a safe and secure environment.The study is now underway, and are not accepting any new participants.
Dr. Mark HowardDr. Mark Howard is founder of the Three Principles Institute in San Mateo, California, USA. He is a licensed psychologist & experienced 3 Principles therapist, teacher & trainer of trainers. He worked as chief of Kaiser Permanente’s Redwood City Chemical Dependency Services department from 1985 to 1998 & is recognized as one of the pioneers who first brought the 3 Principles into the field of psychology.
Since 1982, Dr Howard has been teaching private clients, families, business professionals & mental health practitioners about these principles & the impact of this understanding for peace, wellbeing & happy relationships. In 2008, Dr Howard was awarded the “Outstanding Career Service” award by the Santa Clara County Psychological Association for bringing the principles to Santa Clara County.