We would like to invite you to come and listen curiously to an online conversation about this topic, which will be chaired by Jacquie Forde, a Graduate of the One Thought Institute ,qualified nurse and now Chief Executive of The Wellbeing Alliance, a non-profit whose social aim is to improve health, wellbeing and equality and Dr William F. Pettit Jr., M.D.
The Wellbeing Alliance are delighted to work in collaboration with Supermind to open up a discussion to the wider medical community to discuss Mental Health in a new light.Our company mission is to promote health, wellbeing and equality in any way that we can to help improve the quality of life of our fellow citizens. Our socials aims are realised by supporting individuals, companies and communities through research, projects, campaigns and Three Principles Wellbeing and Training Programmes.
With over 32 years of involvement in teaching the Three Universal Principles of Universal Mind, Universal Consciousness and Universal Thought Dr Pettit will make this bold assertion that there is a cure for mental illness:
Is it true that:
· Chronic Mental Stress is the cause of mental illness?
· Peace of Mind is the cure for mental illness?
· Understanding via insight the nature of the three Universal Principles of Mind, Consciousness, Thought is the most effective and reliable path to achieving peace of mind (regardless of past experiences or behaviors or present circumstances)?
In Dr Pettit’s experience of 72 years of living and 46 years as a physician, an insight based understanding of the true nature of being human and how the human experience is created moment to moment via three universal principles is key to returning home to a place of mental well being. His limited understanding of these principles has assisted him to move from 23 years of intermittent clinical depression to a gentle experience of life, he had hitherto not even dreamed of.
We look forward to sharing the good news that every human being has perfect mental wellbeing at his or her core. In addition that every person can regain connection to that well being no matter how long he/she has felt disconnected from it. Instead of experiencing burn out, Dr Pettit is more excited than ever at the potential for a new psychiatry of Health not Illness. After years as a Mental Illness professional ,Dr Pettit feels good to truly be a Mental Health professional.
Webinar 1: First presentation will focus on clarifying:
Webinars 2, 3, and 4:
- A definition of mental illness and mental health, the cause of mental illness, explained in depth with clinical examples and neuroscience backup.
- An explanation of how levels of understanding /consciousness are related to severity of mental and, often, physical distress, impairment and disability.
- An overview of understanding the DSM5 and ICD-9 and ICD 10 labels as "information as to WHERE the patient is at this time NOT WHO they are as a human being.
- The cure for mental illness, peace of mind manifesting as love, light-heartedness, wisdom, common sense, stress resistance and resilience.
- What are principles?
- What would be the implication of the presence of Universal Principles.
The 2nd, 3rd, and 4th sessions will be a journey pointing towards:
There will be ample time for clarifying questions and clinical and life examples to demonstrate the logic that always accompanies true Principles
- A deeper and deeper understanding of the Nature of the three Universal Principles of Mind, Thought, and Consciousness, and how this understanding is a powerful conduit to achieving greater levels of mental health
- Explains our true identity as human beings
- Explains how we create our experience moment to moment from the inside - out.
- Illuminate the obvious truths (like corollaries in Geometry) that emanate and become obvious as our understanding deepens. e.g. psychological innocence, innate health, the illusory past etc)
Dr. Bill PettitWilliam F. Pettit Jr., M.D., is co-owner with his wife, Linda, of 3 Principles Intervention LLC. Dr. Pettit has presented the Three Universal Principles of Mind, Consciousness and Thought as the essence of his psychiatric practice since 1983.
A graduate of Creighton University, Omaha, NE and the University of Illinois College of Medicine, Chicago, IL, Dr. Pettit completed his psychiatric residency at the Philadelphia Naval Regional Medical Center in Philadelphia, PA. He is board-certified in Psychiatry, Adolescent Psychiatry, Geriatric Psychiatry and Psychosomatic Medicine. He is also certified in Addiction Medicine.
Presently, Dr. Pettit holds an appointment as Adjunct Professor in the Graduate College at Siena Heights University. Formerly, Dr. Pettit held an appointment as Associate Professor of Behavioral Medicine and Psychiatry at West Virginia University (WVU) and was the Medical Director of the Sydney Banks Institute at WVU. Previously, Dr. Pettit held an appointment as Adjunct Assistant Professor at the Des Moines, Iowa Osteopathic School of Medicine. Since Nov. 2014 Dr. Pettit has been employed two days a week as the psychiatrist for The Family Medical Clinic of Michigan in Adrian Michigan where he is utilizes the Three Principles understanding and Sydney Banks source materials as an integral part of his psychiatric practice.
Dr. Pettit is a recognized educator in the Three Principles intervention, and has presented at many national and international conferences and consulted to numerous clients both nationally and internationally.William F. Pettit Jr., M.D., is co-owner with his wife, Linda, of 3 Principles Intervention LLC. Dr. Pettit has presented the Three Universal Principles of Mind, Consciousness and Thought as the essence of his psychiatric practice since 1983.
Webinar Series There is a Cure for Mental Illness - Dr. Bill Pettit Jr., M.D. 2016-03-12
A 4-part series how having Peace of Mind is the cure for all Mental Illnesses